Our ultimate COVID-19 document pack is designed to guide employers through their options during this trying time. The complete pack includes the latest information, template policies, letters and guidance to assist employees in the following areas: absence from work, key workers, furlough and the job retention scheme and maintaining health and well-being.
Each document within the pack can be downloaded and purchased individually in our store. Any templates, letters and policies have been provided in Microsoft Word format for amendment purposes.
The pack includes:
Job Retention Scheme & Furlough
Guidance – Can an employee be furloughed on maternity or family related leave?
- Find the answers to this question and more as we summarise the latest guidance provided by the government on maternity and family related leave and your options with furlough. Versions will be updated in line with government announcements.
Guidance – Can an employer rotate furloughed employees during COVID-19?
- It may be beneficial for you as a company to rotate your furlough leave amongst employees. Here you can find the latest government guidance on the legalities and your options. Versions will be updated in line with government announcements.
Guidance – Can an employer withdraw redundancy given before the announcement COVID-19?
- Perhaps COVID-19 has provided an increase in outputs for your company and you are reconsidering your recent redundancies? Here we outline the latest information from the government highlighting your options. Versions will be updated in line with government announcements.
Template – Agreement: furlough leave
- If you have made the decision to furlough your staff, a contractual agreement should be put in place to outline the full details. Our full template provides the necessary content to keep your organisation compliant with Employment Law.
Template – Letter to employees: accompanying letter to furlough agreement
- This letter should be sent with the furlough agreement to each employee. It offers a summary of the individuals agreements and the support available to them
Template – Letter: explain furlough to employees
- This generic letter offers an overview of furlough for your employees. It provides guidance on the potential options available to the company and what furlough entails. This should ideally be sent to employees at the earliest convenience to allow them to make preparations should furlough be enacted.
Template – Letter: extend employee probationary period due to COVID-19
- If you are looking to extend an employee’s probationary period as a result of COVID-19, it is important to keep them formally updated on the changes. This template offers an example of the key elements to include.
Template – Letter: guidance for employees on COVID-19
- This letter provides assurance to employees that the company is being proactive in the fight against COVID-19. It also offers directions for employees on how best to combat the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace.
Template – Letter: inform an employee that a job is safe from redundancy
- Utilise this letter as formal correspondence when communicating that an employee role is safe from redundancy. It is good practice to provide employees with some formal assurance in uncertain times.
Template – Letter: postponing new recruits start date due to COVID-19
- In some instances you may have to protect the company and it may be financially beneficial to delay a new recruit’s start date until the working environment is more secure. This letter outlines the full details in a diplomatic manner.
Template- Letter: seeking an employee for furlough
- This letter should be sent prior to the furlough agreement to give employees a head up on important details such as their likely wages and timescales for furlough. This will allow each individual to make preparations with as much notice as possible.
Template – Letter: withdrawal of a redundancy notice
- Utilise this template as a method of formal communications when informing an employee that their redundancy has been withdrawn as a result of COVID-19.
Absence from Work: (This section is free to download from our store)
Guidance – Can an employee cancel annual leave during furlough?
- Has your employee been forced to cancel their holiday? This handy guide provides the legal obligations for employers when an employee is looking to cancel a period of annual leave due to COVID-19.
Guidance – Can an employer require an employee to take annual leave during coronavirus?
- It may be beneficial for some companies to ask employees to take annual leave during COVID-19, but what are the legal requirements for employers? Here, we consider the legalities and key points to think about.
Guidance – Employer obligations to an employee living with a high risk individual
- Individuals at high risk of developing COVID-19 are recommended to shield themselves. What if you have an employee that lives with a high risk person? This useful guide summarises your obligations as an employer.
Legislation – Carrying over annual leave for two years
- The UK government have stated that employees will be permitted to carry over annual leave for 2 years. Here you can find full details of the legislation.
Health & Well-Being
Template – Profile of a mental health first aider
- Mental health first aiders are key to boosting morale and providing much needed support to staff and other stakeholders, especially in times of crisis. This template can firstly be used to identify the key traits needed to become a mental health first aider and secondly to act as a ‘job description’ for employees who wish to consider fulfilling the role.
Template – Letter for employees: role of a mental health first aider
- Employers can use this handy template to make staff aware of mental health first aiders in the workplace. It helps to identify who the first aiders are and how they may be beneficial in providing support for employees and their peers who may be struggling.
Template – Letter for homeworkers: looking after mental health during COVID-19
- Use this handy template to inform your employees of the values of a mental health first aider during COVID-19.
Template – Letter to employees: guidance on control of infectious diseases in the workplace
- This informative letter breaks down different infectious diseases and the best approach and advice for organisations to best control them. It provides employees with guidance on how the company is utilising best practice to combat the spread of infectious diseases.
Policy – Control of infectious diseases in the workplace
- This policy offers a best practice approach to combatting infectious diseases within the workplace. You can amend and shape the policy to suit your particular workplace requirements, if you need help with this we would be more than happy to assist.
Guidance – The duty of an employer to close if coronavirus is identified
- Here we outline the government guidelines on closure of your workplace if COVID-19 is identified.
Guidance – The duty of an employer to protect those most at risk during coronavirus
- Here we summarise the government guidance on employees most at risk which includes those with underlying health issues, people over the age of 70 and those who are pregnant.
Template – Email to employees: key workers
- This email correspondence includes the necessary guidance and key elements to advise key workers on their commitments and duties to remain working during COVID-19.
Template – Letter to employees: key worker confirmation
- This letter is for employees to carry with them should they be questioned by the police or any authority on the reasons for them travelling or partaking in work on behalf of your company during COVID-19.
General Guidance: (This section is free to download from our store)
Guidance – Data Protection & COVID-19 (March 2020)
- Here you can find a summary of the latest advice on the impact of COVID-19 on your data protection commitments.
Guidance – Data Protection – Tips for Video Conferencing
- The use of video communication has exploded since the start of COVID-19 as companies and individuals attempt to stay in touch. This useful guide offers a series of hints and tips for you and your employees to make the most of the video experience in the safest way possible.
Guidance – Information security & home working
- COVID-19 has forced many of us to work remotely from home; how can we guarantee that the watertight security systems and procedures we have in place at work can be transferred to a home setting? Here we discuss the options available to your organisation.
Guidance – Furlough: The latest updates from the government
- Our bite size updates on furlough aim to provide a summary of the key points set by the UK government. These will be updated in line with government announcements and can be downloaded for free.
Guidance – COVID-19: The latest updates from the government
- Our bite size updates on COVID-19 aim to provide a summary of the key points set by the UK government. These will be updated in line with government announcements and can be downloaded for free.